Friday, July 18, 2014

8 months later...

No seriously its taking me a half a year to really get this blog going....I think I'm ready....then again I'll probably take another 6 months to post something else!  HAHA...it's part of my life's quest to get organized...

Anyway...patching and painting this powder room.  As you may recall it started off looking like this



Lovely burnt orange color to really bring out the orange in all that oak wood.  Blllllaahhhhh.  So after taking out those ceramic towel bars and tp holders and creating giant holes that we had to patch....we picked up a can of OOPS paint at good ol' Lowes and got to work!






Woo!  We were so very lucky to find this can of paint in a fantastic light grey.  There is no color name, obviously, but it's preeeeeetty close to Martha Stewarts Nimbus Cloud.  After hanging a mirror (which I actually already had), this bathroom is really starting to turn itself around!





My immediate goals are to get a nice rug for the bathroom, paint the vanity and the ceiling, and update that horrible laminate countertop (which means I'll do the sink and the faucet then too).  The bathroom is very LONG so I think a rug and some stuff on the walls will do nicely!  I'm thinking a navy for the vanity...something with impact.  I have to do things slowly as I'm on a super strict budget..but I think things will come along nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment